Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Fresh Color Trends for 2012

I always have clients, friends & family asking my advice on the hottest color trends and which direction they should go with color in their homes.  Here is one of my little secrets...the ColorMix 2012 color trends from Sherwin Williams.  Each year they come out with their vision for what the latest and greatest color trends will be for the year!

When color trends are released they are not a mumble jumble of random colors but typically selected by what is currently going on in the industry.  You should find items such as accessories, fabrics and much more in these color stories as you pay attention when shopping.

Enjoy!.....

Neutrals

I love this mix of warm & cool neutrals!  I like to use a neutral color as my base through a space and then select a coordinating "pop" or accent color on the wall that you would like to become the focal point of the room. One thing to notice...yellow...super HOT right now especially in fabrics & wall coverings.


Reds

These red color selections are so warm and cozy...especially for Fargo!


Blues

You can never go wrong with a blue!  It is nice to see a little brightness come back to this color story.  In the last year or so grey has been dominant that I'm excited to see the bright colors make their way back.  These are perfect for a bathroom, bedroom or any other space you want to feel cool, calm & collected.



Greens

As you can see teal seems to be dominating the green color story.  You will certainly notice this in accessories & furniture in stores right now.  A bit of the grey trend lingers in this color story as well.  I have a version of this pallet in my living room paired with a warm neutral and love it!



All color pallets were taken from www.sherwinwilliams.com.
Visit their website for more great color ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! I want to make our apartment our own space but it is hard to do without painting walls, I find. How can I incorporate color into my place without having to buy a lot of things? I don't want to settle on a "theme" for an apartment; I want to wait until I have a home that I am able to do whatever to. I love color but am finding it tricky to express that with plain white walls and oak furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie!
    One great way is with an area rug! You can get a solid color if you know what your accent color is going to be or one that has a pattern with multiple colors - that way it is easier to re-use when you have your home. Another project you could do is to get some inexpensive frames on sale (larger ones) and instead of putting photos in them put fun fabrics in them - you can get some really neat patterns at local fabric places such as Michaels or Joann's. Those are ways to add color without painting and just buying a ton of busy accessories!

    ReplyDelete