Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kitchen Design

Since it has been extremely frigid I thought that I would share a kitchen I designed that has a warm, bright & cozy feel. The goal was to have the kitchen feel warm while also bringing in elements such as stainless steel, glass & natural maple to help it to lean towards my client's contemporary style.  Like most kitchens this one is also the hub of the home for my client's family so making sure it is a kitchen that functions well with an open plan was of equal importance.


Natural maple is a great wood speices to use if you want a contemporary look but don't want to get a cold feeling in your space.  Pair natural maple with a shaker style flat panel door style like shown and you get a very clean & crisp look that is timeless.  The island allows the space to stay open at both ends for excellent circulation through the kitchen for this busy family.



I love the glass pendants that my client selected and the counter stools provide the perfect finishing touch that adds a splash of color and pattern.  We added the tile backsplash a few months later and really makes the back wall a focal wall and brings the kitchen to a whole new level.


Designer: Sarah Brown @ Floor to Ceiling
Splash: Glass random blend
Tops: Textured HD laminate
Floor: Laminate
Cabinetry: Natural Maple
Pulls: Satin Nickel

No comments:

Post a Comment