Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Retro Country Kitchen


I have to say that this may be one of the most adorable kitchens that I have designed so far!


It can be a difficult to create the feel of character in a home when using new materials - but I do always say that I enjoy a challenge so this was another perfect one for me!  In this kitchen we had the perfect blend of distressed cabinetry, a floor with a cool retro feel and a classic subway tile splash to create the look and feel my client desired.


Because this was a small kitchen storage was key.  We tried to utilize every bit of space while keeping walk ways clear and closing in the space as little as possible.  The peninsula upper cabinetry had to stay for storage however we shortened up the cabinetry to open up the space towards the kitchen and added glass to enable more light to shine through them and into the kitchen.


It is hard to see in the photos but a wall covering with a vintage floral look was selected for the rest of the kitchen & dining room walls.  I LOVE working with wall coverings and fabrics.  At the design center I work at we do not carry those products so when I get to select them I always jump at the chance!



I adore this kitchen - so cute & comfortable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment